Post Traumatic Stress Disorder was first recognized in soldiers returning from World War 2 who had been through the shocking experience and unbelievable fight.
Since then, the same phenomenon has been noted in people who have never seen a battlefield, but who still have gone through traumatic times, and doctors now know to look out for signs of 'post-traumatic stress disorder' – a severe reaction sustainable psychological trauma.
If you are suffering from this dangerous disorder and are looking for a 'PTSD treatment contact a certified psychologist in Lars Andersen' (also known as 'PTSD-behandling – Certificeret pyskolog – Psykolog Lars Andersen' in the Dutch Language).
Image Source: Google
Here are some important things that many people do not realize about post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- PTSD can be a psychologically devastating disease, which can affect any part of a person's life, including, job, friends and family.
- PTSD symptoms can include persistent flashbacks, nightmares, insomnia and muscle tension as well as an ongoing feeling of guilt, anger, depression and high anxiety.
- Drugs rarely cure PTSD but are often used along with counseling, which may involve a discussion about traumatic memories and feelings, to relieve symptoms.
- Group psychotherapy is often used in the treatment of post-traumatic stress disorder and is considered by some experts to be the most lucrative type of treatment for military personnel and veterans.
- PTSD can be caused by a variety of different incidents, including car accidents, violent attacks, hostage, military combat, natural disasters or man-made and terrorist attacks.
- People who suffer from PTSD may be able to file a claim for compensation, which can help with difficulties such as financial problems due to job loss.